Climb aboard for the Lakeside Limited, a relaxing ride along the shores of Deer Creek Reservoir and the base of majestic Mt. Timpanogos. This “over the river and through the woods” provides a spectacular view of Heber Valley’s breathtaking winter scenery. You might even spot a variety of native wildlife such as deer, bald eagles, elk, or foxes along the way.
Time: 11:00 AM
Ticket Price: Adults: $20/Kids (3-12): $15
Special Information: Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
|<< Date||<< Purchase||<< Profile||<< Venue||<< Time|
About This Person/Group
Climb aboard for this relaxing two hour ride along the shores of Deer Creek Reservoir and the base of majestic Mt. Timpanogos. This “over the river and through the woods” ride provides a spectacular view of Heber Valley and breathtaking fall/winter scenery. You might spot a variety of native wildlife such as deer, bald eagles, elk, coyotes, or foxes along the way.
Keep a look out for Black Jack Raven and the Soldier Hollow Gang, they may be lurking in the trees awaiting your arrival.
Food available for purchase on board the train.
Most Tuesdays – Saturdays, November & December 2013
Thursdays – Saturdays, January – April 2014
Depart: 11:00 am
Return: 1:00 pm
2 hour round trip
*Lunch option must be ordered 24-hours before departure. Gourmet boxed lunch includes with your choice of a ham, turkey, roast beef or vegetarian sandwich, a freshly baked cookie, chips and bottled water.
Important to Know:
• Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
• Rail cars are heated however we recommend you dress for winter weather.
• Our full-service snack car offers food and beverage for purchase throughout the ride.
• Outside food and beverages are not allowed.
• Car seats and strollers are not allowed on train.
• Restrooms are available on the train.
• Due to the historic nature of our rail cars, wheelchair access is limited. Please call ahead for additional information.
• We are unable to accommodate dogs on the train.
• All rides and adventures depart from the Heber depot unless noted otherwise.
The Heber Valley Historic Railroad’s history began in 1899, when trains served the pioneers who first settled the valley. In the early 1970’s, the railroad became the “Heber Creeper,” a tourist passenger train operating on a seasonal basis. We now operate as a year-round, non-profit organization focused on tourism, education and the restoration of historical railroad equipment. The Heber Valley Railroad is reminiscent of the typical short-line railway that could be seen in many parts of Utah and throughout rural America during the “Golden Years” of U.S. railroading. Our goal is to help you enjoy a slice of Americana which has otherwise disappeared. The train ride, depot and atmosphere around the rail equipment, yards and buildings have been designed to be educational to young and old.